Chapter Website Maintenance
The chapter websites will be undergoing server maintenance between Wednesday, June 14 at 5 p.m. through Thursday, June 15 at 5 p.m. The visitor experience will not be affected, but chapter leaders will not be able to login and update chapter websites during this time.
Badger Student Send–Off Celebration
Whether it’s an annual tradition or you are considering hosting your first, Badger Student Send-Off Celebrations are always a great way to connect with future Badgers from your area. There’s nothing like the Badger-to-Badger connections made at these invaluable events. Event details are due at least eight weeks prior to your event. If you have any questions or would like some assistance, please reach out to your chapter representative. Thank you for your time and effort in welcoming our newest Badgers to our ever growing Badger family.
June Chapter Leader Call
Our next chapter leader call will take place on Wednesday, June 28 at 3 p.m. CDT. The call will focus on the future of WFAA, with special guests Paula Bonner MS’78 introducing Sarah Schutt, the recently named chief alumni officer and executive director of the Wisconsin Alumni Association. All chapter leaders are welcome and encouraged to attend. If your chapter has best practices or challenges that you’d like to share at a future chapter leader call, please email your ideas to Jesse James White.
Chapter Scholarship Recipient Submission
If your chapter has selected scholarship recipient(s), you can submit the students’ details through this form. The deadline to submit scholarship recipient(s) is July 1. If you have questions, feel free to contact Nancy Powell.
Welcome to the City
Welcome to the City is set for Tuesday, August 29. Submit your event details and join others across the country for one Badger-spirit-filled evening. We must receive your information at least six weeks ahead of August 29 to give us enough time to properly promote your event.
Chapter Leader Handbook
WAA-recognized chapters represent WAA and, by extension, UW-Madison in their communities. Alumni chapters provide opportunities for alumni to:
- Engage with other local alumni
- Identify and nurture volunteer leaders
- Celebrate alumni who make a difference in their communities
- Showcase Badger spirit to current and future alumni
Being Accessible, Hospitable and Responsive
The first job of every WAA chapter is to be welcoming to all UW-Madison alumni. For the Badger alumni in your area, your chapter is the face of the university. Through special events such as Welcome to the City, chapters introduce alumni to a group that they can call their own local Badger “home.”
- Be accessible: Update your website with event and local “hangout” information
- Be responsive: Actively answer inquiries (calls, emails, social media, at events)
- Be hospitable
Serving as a Social and Professional Hub
Alumni-to-alumni connections are the lifeblood of WAA chapters. Chapter volunteers provide crucial mentoring and career guidance for new UW-Madison graduates as well as future alumni. Chapters bring alumni together through a variety of events.
- Be a conduit for volunteering on behalf of UW-Madison
- Be a social and professional hub, host events, facilitate Badger-to-Badger alumni connections
Support the UW
Encouraging Alumni to Support the UW
Chapters increasingly play a significant role in supporting UW-Madison priorities and initiatives. In-state chapters provide a vital network for grassroots legislative advocacy. Chapters nationwide assist WAA and UW Athletics with special events.
- Encourage alumni to support the UW with time, talent and treasure
- Spread the message of the UW to everyone in your community
- Participate in the annual campaign
- Capture and translate the alumni voice back to the UW and WAA
- Chapter Checklist
- Team Organizational Chart (PDF)
- Chapter Leader Positions — President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer
- Chapter Team Description PDFs — Athletics Team, Awards and Recognition Team, Communications Team, Events Team, Fundraising Team, Professional Networking Team, Scholarship Team, Social Events Team
- Submit Your Chapter Board Roster
- Calendar of Events, Deadlines, and Reminders
Monthly Chapter Leader Call
April 2017 – Student Send-off Preperation
March 2017 – Updates on current enrollment trends.
January 2017 – Founders’ Day Best Practices and Awards
December 2016 – Chapter Website Updates
October 2016 – Founders’ Day 2017 Prep
September 2016 – Admissions Update
August 2016 – RE-Wisconsin, Annual Reports, Badger Bridge Chapter Competition
July 2016 – President’s Council Challenge, Welcome to the City
June 2016 – President’s Council Challenge, Chapter Leader Handbook, The Red Shirt Showdown, Scholarship Update
May 2016 – Student Send-Offs and scholarships
February 2016 – Update from campus Admissions
January 2016 – Founders’ Day messaging
October 2015 – Athletics policies and deadlines
September 2015 – Chapter framework and mission: Welcome, Connect, Support
August 2015 – Welcome to the City
General Chapter Questions
- Nancy Powell, Geographic Outreach Manager
- Jesse White, Chapter and Regional Relations Manager
- Mike Fahey, Managing Director, State Relations
- Lora Klenke, Managing Director, International Alumni Relations
- Jenna Furger, Engagement Program Specialist
- Angela Lillethun, Director of Regional Relations & Volunteer Management
- Jeff Wendorf, Vice President, Alumni Relations & Engagement
Web and Email
- Sam Ryan, Digital Producer
Events and Registration
- Michael O’Brien, Registration Coordinator